Client: Blacktown City Council
Designer: Nordon Jago Architects
Industry: Government/NFP, Corporate
Location: Rooty Hill NSW 2766
In line with Blacktown City Council‘s accommodation strategy and due to the increasing demand for workspace and storage area at its Rooty Hill Depot, Blacktown Council engaged Dezign for the construction and fitout of the improvements to the Depot’s administration office space and augment external yard storage and parking space.
- Proposed extension to the Administration Building and refurbishment of the existing areas including office fitout, workstations, and loose furniture to the new workspace.
- Augmentation of and alterations to existing on-site car parking facilities.
- Construction of three (3) workshop and storage sheds.
- New storage area compound at the northern extremity of the existing car park.
- Roof connection of two small buildings on site; and
- Hard and soft landscape works.
Works also involved partial demolition of existing building, capping of existing services, connection and reconnection to services.
Due to the site being occupied and the continuing operational requirements of the location there was a need for constant coordination with site management to ensure disruptions were planned and kept to a minimum.